Dictionary attack is a very important step in password recovery process. EDPR comes with some dictionaries and you can order extended dictionary pack while ordering. If you know some words that could be used for document protection, you can create your own dictionary file. Please follow these simple steps:
- Open your favorite text editor that allows creating Unicode text files (for example, it can be done in Windows Notepad).
- Create a new text file and insert all words that you want to include in dictionary. Each word must be on separate line.
- Save the file with Unicode format and give it extension ".udic". Some text editors have more complicated options for Unicode than Notepad. In this case you have to save the file as Unicode Little Endian with Signature (Byte Order Mark or BOM).
- Stop all EDPR services (Agent, Console, Server) on all computers that use EDPR.
- Copy your saved UDIC file to each computer in the following folder: "\Documents and Settings\All Users\Elcomsoft Password Recovery\Dictionaries".
- Start all EDPR services. Your dictionary will appear in the dictionary list.